- 6.4-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 10, 4GB/6GB Of RAM
- Exynos 9611, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- 64GB/128GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP and 20MP selfie camera
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery
Samsung Galaxy M21 Design And Display
As far as Aesthetic go, this device looks simple and clean. It didn’t add or remove anything from the design when compared to its predecessor. Most of the upgrades and improvements are on the inside but still on the outside, there is more to talk about.
The display here which stands at 6.4-inch tall is made of Super AMOLED so bright colours and deep blacks are to be expected. The display has a FHD+ (1080p) resolution, uses a 19:9 aspect ratio (with a waterdrop notch) and has 403 pixels per inch density.
A slab of Corning gorilla glass 3 is slapped on top of the display from protection and according to Samsung, the display can reach of 420nits at max brightness. Being a budget device, the back and frame of this device are made of plastic.
The plastic back is also home to the optical fingerprint sensor and the triple rear cameras with flash. Overall, this device weighs 188grams and measures 8.9mm in thickness with two colour options to choose from; Midnight Blue and Raven Black.
There are a total of three cameras at the rear of this device which consists of a 48MP main camera with an f/2.0 aperture and PDAF, an 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.2 aperture. Features of the rear camera include an LED flash, Panorama and HDR.
The rear camera can also shoot 2160p and 1080p videos at 30fps with gyro-EIS. Meanwhile, the single front-facing 20MP camera in the notch at the top of the display has an f/2.0 aperture, HDR and only shoot 1080p videos at 30fpd.
Hardware and Software
Samsung fitted the Samsung Galaxy M21 with their in-house SoC; Exynos 9611. This Chipset which is based on the 10nm node has an octa-core processor clocking speeds of up 2.3GHz with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU for graphics. It has two RAM and storage options to choose from; 4GB or 6GB of RAM which comes with 64GB or 128GB of internal storage (storage here are ufs 2.1).
There is also a dedicated microSD card slot available for expansion of storage which can accommodate up to 128GB of additional storage. Samsung Galaxy M21 runs the latest Android 10 out of the box which is of course laced with the second version of Samsung’s One UI; One UI 2.0.
Battery and Connectivity
Samsung Galaxy M21 has a massive 6,000mAh battery which comes with a 15W fast battery charging technology. Although this is pretty slow by today’s standards, it isn’t bad and is definitely better than no having any at all.
Moving on, it also has 4G LTE, Bluetooth, dual-band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, GPS, FM radio and a USB Type-C port for charging and file transfer through cable. There is also a 3.5mm jack here which is someone we rarely see on smartphones these days.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy M21 costs about $172 for the base version which comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The one with 6GB of RAM and 128GB storage can go as high as $185.
In Nigeria, Samsung Galaxy M21 will cost between N75,00-N85,000 depending on the variant you opt for.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 159 x 75.1 x 8.9 mm
- Material: Glass front (Corning Gorilla Glass 3), Plastic back and frame
- Weight: 199g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM)
- Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.4-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 403ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
- Operating System: Android 10, One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 9611, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB (Ufs 2.1)
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB (Dedicated Slot)
- Rear Camera: 48MP + 8MP + 5MP – LED flash, HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Front Camera: 20MP – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, accelerometer, gyro, proximity and light Sensor