Unlike many other food products such as honey and lemon, tomatoes aren’t often used for skin care purposes. However, when used the right way, tomatoes can do wonders for your skin. Here is how to safely and effectively lighten your skin using tomatoes.
Right now, tomatoes are some of the most underappreciated food products that are used in skin care. Even though more and more beauty companies start utilizing tomatoes in their products, you can often get an equally impressive effect by using fresh tomatoes. Here are just a few benefits of tomatoes for your skin:
- Tomatoes gently but effectively exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells and revealing your glowing, healthy skin.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene, which lowers the risk of contracting sun damage when you are out in the sun.
- Thanks to the antibacterial and antifungal properties, tomato is a powerful aide against acne and skin breakouts.
- Tomato has a potent anti-ageing effect and is able to smooth out your wrinkles and fine lines as well as remove age spots from your skin.
- The antioxidant and antityrosinase effects displayed by tomatoes are what makes them so efficient for lightening the skin complexion and achieving a glowing, even skin tone.
3 Ways To Use Tomatoes For Skin Lightening
Tomatoes are an incredibly versatile skin care ingredient and there are dozens of different skin solutions you can make with just one tomato. Here are 3 easy and affordable ways to use tomatoes in your skin lightening routine:
- The easiest way to use tomatoes for skin care is to take one piece of fresh tomato and gently rub it on your skin, leaving to dry naturally and then applying your favourite moisturizer. The tomato juice will act as a natural toner while also removing uneven pigmentation, acne scars, and other skin issues preventing you from having perfect skin. Alternatively, you can puree one tomato and apply the paste to your face as a mask, washing it off after 30 minutes.
- If your skin is not only unevenly covered, but also dull and rough, you will definitely enjoy the effect of a tomato and oatmeal face mask. To prepare the mask, puree one tomato with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal. The oatmeal will effectively exfoliate your skin and make it more susceptible to the treatment, while tomato and yoghurt will make your skin tone more even and visibly lighter. Leave the mask for 20 minutes and rinse off.
- On their own, tomatoes work wonders for skin lightening, but you can increase their efficiency by mixing them with other popular skin whitening agents – honey and lemon. Thanks to the high concentration of vitamin C, this mask will brighten and lighten your skin tone, making your skin even-coloured and radiant. For this mask, you will need 2 tablespoons of freshly blitzed tomato puree, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix, apply to your skin, and leave for up to 15 minutes before washing it off. Source