There are situations that happen and one would want to check car number plate owner. While driving on the road so many things happen, there are cases such as robbery, theft, accidents and many more. Sometimes the closest you can get close to finding out who owns the car involved is by memorizing the plate number.
For any car to be deemed fit to move on Nigeria roads, it must have been issued a number plate why the Nigerian Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC). With Nigeria, there are dubious people everywhere who would claim they work with FRSC and can get you an original number plate just to get your money. The only way to verify the authenticity is if you know how to check number plate owner in Nigeria.
There are two easy ways to do this in Nigeria and other ones which are a little bit stressful. We shall be putting you through how to verify a number plate should you ever find yourself in this situation.
How to Check Car Number Plate Owner Online
This method is very straightforward, all you need is to have an active internet connection.
- Go to the FRSC Number Plate verification page.
- Enter the Number Plate you want to verify in the box shown.
- Click on Submit.
The vehicle information will be displayed and you will also know whether the plate number is valid or not. If you see discrepancies, it is advised you visit the nearest FRSC office closest to you so they sort it out for you.
For cars registered in Lagos, the Lagos State government has a dedicated website for you to verify number plate, see the car type, chassis and when its registration will expire.
- Open https://www.lsmvaapvs.org/ in your internet browser.
- Enter the vehicle plate number without any space.
- Click on Search.
The vehicle information will be displayed to you.
How to Check Car Number Plate Owner via SMS
Another way to check car number plate owner in Nigeria is via SMS. This is also less stressful as you do not need to visit the FRSC office.
- In an SMS, Send verifyplateno (Car Plate Number) to 33324. For example – verifyplateno AKL342UV to 33324.
This way, you can easily verify plate number registration with FRSC.
Other Ways to Verify Plate Number Registration with FRSC in Nigeria
If you have someone who works with the Federal Road Safety Commission in Nigeria it will be very easy. All you need to do is to just pass the person the number plate and they check the vehicle information for you. But what if you don’t know anyone, what things can you do? See below:
- When you report an incident to a police station involving a vehicle with genuine reasons, the police can help to check the vehicle information by tracking the plate number.
- Another way to check car number plate owner in Nigeria is by visiting the FRSC office. You must have a genuine reason backed by the police document begore visiting the authorities to verify plate number for you. If they are convinced, they will track and show you all information concerning the vehicle.
- If you got the cash to spend, you can hire a private investigator to do the job for you. Just know they don’t come cheap.
In conclusion, it is important to stay out of trouble on Nigerian roads. You should also make sure you are not moving around with a counterfeit license plate. This is how to verify number plate and check car number plate owner in Nigeria.