Gates cambridge scholarship 2021-2022
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2022-2023, is now open for applications from international students who want to pursue a graduate degree at Cambridge University in the UK.
The objective of Gates Cambridge is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
It aims to achieve this mission by selecting outstanding scholars, providing them with substantial financial support at one of the world’s leading universities and facilitating community building at and beyond Cambridge.
Up to 40 Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded to US students and up to 55 scholarships are awarded to international students.
Gates Scholarship Amount and Value
Gates Cambridge Scholarship for International Students Cover the Full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding.
It also covers the following costs:
- University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A Maintenance Allowance for a Single Student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2021-22 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for Ph.D. scholars the award is for up to 4 years
- One Economy Round Airfare Ticket at both the beginning and end of the Course.
- Inbound Visa Costs & the Cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from £500 to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2021-22 rate). No funding is provided for a partner
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – For unforeseen circumstances
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
Phd (three year research-only degree)
MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Courses Not eligible
BA affiliated (a second BA)
MBBChir Clinical Studies
MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
Are you a current student at Cambridge? If you are applying for a new postgraduate course you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship. Current recipients can also apply for a new course.
However, if you have already started a course you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the remainder of it.
Selection criteria for Gates cambridge university
Scholars of Gates cambridge comes from diverse background and each has an inimitable character.
Therefore the GCS university use four criteria for selection, which are:
- Academic excellence
- Reasons for choice of course
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- A capacity for leadership
Required Documents for application into Gates cambridge
- Online Application
- Gates Cambridge Statement
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates Cambridge reference
For more information click here
How to apply for Gates cambridge university scholarship
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal. Applications are made via online.
Applications for the academic year 2022-23 entry are now open.
To apply into GCU and to know the deadline, click here to see their official site
Gates cambridge university scholarships deadline.