Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is part of the federal economic immigration programs that are managed by the express entry immigration. Federal Skilled worker program is the best immigration program for skilled immigrants around the world. This program is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who wants to immigrate to Canada permanently. FSWP has their Express Entry admission target, and it was set at 108, 500 new residents in 2021. As part of the Express Entry system, you will be able to live as a permanent resident in Canada if your qualifications, skills, or work experience is selected out of the many candidates that applied for it.
The registrations are done under three main skilled economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program(FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
All the profiles of the registered candidates under the above programs are ranked in the express pool with the help of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). All the higher-ranked profiles in the expressed pool are issued invitation to apply (ITA) for Canada PR Visa to the immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Candidates therefore submit an application to IRCC with the proper documents within 60 days of getting the ITA.
Applicants of the Federal Skilled Worker Program must prove that they meet the minimum visa requirements. These requirement include having work experience in a managerial, professional, or trade/technical occupation and meeting the pass mark on a points-based assessment. Successful applicants will obtain Canadian permanent residence, which permits them to live and work in Canada.
For any Applicant to be eligible to apply for PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, they are required the following requirements:
Education: An applicant has to have some levels of education that is equivalent to a Canadian high school diploma. For the education that is pursued outside of Canada, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is required.
Work Experience: Applicant must have a minimum of one year of regular full-time work experience in the past years in a skilled occupation that is categorized under NOC skill type 0, A or B
Language Proficiency: An applicant must attain a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or IELTS score of 6 per band in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Settlement of Funds: Applicants are also required to show proof of funds to demonstrate that the applicant has enough funds to support themselves for the migration to Canada.
The applicant is also required to score a minimum of 67 points in the FSWP point grid.
Once the applicant meets the above requirements, they can create their express profile in the express entry program. You should also know that getting an application submitted into the express cool does not guarantee that the candidate gets the ITA (Invitation to apply) to submit an official application for Canadian permanent residence. Express Entry is a competitive immigration selection system, so only the highest ranking FSWC candidates will be invited to apply.
FSWP POINT GRID 2022
Before creating the express profile, applicants have to scores a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in FSWP’s point grid. Therefore, Canada PR points are awarded based on the following selection factors:
Education and Training
If the candidate can get a minimum of 67 points, they can create their profile in FSWP. If they are not able to score the required Canada PR points, they can improve on their score through the following factors:
- Improve language skills
- Pursue Higher educational qualification like degree, diploma or certificate
- Get a job-offer from Canada
Steps To Apply for Canada PR Visa through FSWP?
The following steps should be taken to apply for Canada PR in 2022:
- Check Eligibility: Make sure that the candidate meets all the minimum requirements for Canada PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Get all the required documents: To create the express profile, candidate have to get the following documents:
- Identification document (like Passport etc.)
- Language test results like IELTS scorecard
- An ECA Certificate
- Create Express profile: Candidate will be required to submit their credentials and create their express profile.
- Improve CRS Score: If the candidate is not able to meet the minimum CRS score required, they have to work on the factors that they can improve so to increase their CRS score
- Get an ITA: If the candidate clears the CRS score cut-off, they will get an ITA. They have to submit an application with the proper set of documents to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within 60 days of getting the ITA
- Complete medical checkup & PCC: With the application, the candidate has to submit a medical certificate and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
- Application is Reviewed: An Immigration officer will then assess the application for Canada PR Visa and will let the candidate know if any additional information is required
- Receive CoPR: On the successful assessment of the application, the candidate will be issued a Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR)
Get Canada PR Card: Once the candidate gets the CoPR, then they can apply for a PR Card.
What is Federal Skilled Worker Settlement Funds?
As mentioned in the minimum requirement for Canada PR visas, the candidate has to show settlement funds to prove that they are financially able to support themselves or any accompanying family members when they move to Canada.
The following table illustrates the settlement funds required depending on the size of the family:
|Number of Family Members||Funds Required (In-CAD)|
|Each additional family member||$3,560|
These settlement funds can be shown on an official statement from the bank or any financial institution where the candidate has been keeping their money.
What is the processing time and Fees for Canada PR Visa through FSWP?
IRCC goal is to get an ideal application for Canada PR Visa through FSWP to process within 6-8 months of application submission. Application processing time depends on whether the candidate has provided the correct information and the valid documents to support the credentials. They can be asked to again submit the documents or the application can get rejected. That’s why any aspiring immigrant needs to hire an experienced immigration consultant with expert documentation team.
Following table shows the processing fee for Canada PR Visa through the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) in 2022:
|Right of Permanent Resident Fee||$500|
|Include spouse or common-law partner (Processing Fee without Right of Permanent Resident Fee)||$1325|
|Include a dependent Child (per child)||225|