Applications are now open for the British Chevening Scholarships in 2022.
About British Chevening Scholarships:
The British Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s worldwide scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme offers awards to scholars around the world who have distinguished themselves academically and who have leadership potential, to study for a master’s degree in any subject of their choice at any university in the United Kingdom.
Any university in the UK
Level/Field(s) of study:
Full-time Masters Degree Programme in any subject. We advice potential candidates to use the course finder to find eligible master’s degrees at every university across the UK.
Number of Awards:
The Chevening Scholarships are awarded globally to about 1,500 scholars annually
Who Can Apply For The British Chevening Scholarships?
The British Chevening scholarships are targeted at citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. You can find out if your country is among by reaching out to the official website of the Chevening program for complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
How Much is the BCS valued at?
The precise amount is not documented, however, a Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditure.
To be eligible for the British Chevening Scholarships, the applicant must:
• Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory. See website for details
• Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship has ended
• You must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entrance into a UK university postgraduate programme by the time you submit your application. Essentially, this is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be vary depending on your course and university choice.
• Applicant must have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
• Apply to three different courses in any eligible university within the UK catchment areas and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2022.
How To Apply:
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. The deadline for applications is 2 November 2022 at 12:00 GMT (midday).
It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.chevening.org/